Terms and Conditons
If you do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Gamezstation.co.uk website.
Contact & Communication – what do we collect and why?
When you make a booking or enquiry, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address and contact number. This allows us to process and fulfill your booking. Individuals have a right to complain to the ICO if they think that there is a problem with the way in which their data is being handled.
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
We use any information submitted to provide you with further information about our services services or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program we operate but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
We take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. We comply to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
We welcome your comments regarding this website. However, any comments, feedback, notes, messages, thoughts, recommendations or other communications, collectively “Comments” sent gamezstation.co.uk shall be and remain the exclusive property of GamezstationUK Ltd. Your submission of any such Comments shall constitute an assignment to GamezstationUK Ltd of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Comments. Gamezstation.co.uk will be entitled to use, replicate, reveal, publish and distribute any material you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any comments that you do not wish to assign to us, including any confidential information or any original creative materials such as stories, product ideas, computer code or original artwork.
GamezstationUK Ltd operates an email newsletter programme, used to inform subscribers about any discounts, news and new services supplied by Gamezstation. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of GamezstationUK Ltd. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you GamezstationUK Ltd email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by GamezstationUK Ltd may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable, clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although GamezstationUK Ltd only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.)
GamezstationUK Ltd cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and GamezstationUK Ltd cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
From time to time there may be information on our Web Site that contains typing errors, inaccuracies, or mistakes that may relate to descriptions, pricing, and availability. GamezstationUK Ltd reserves the right to correct any typing errors, inaccuracies, or mistakes and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have made a booking).
v.2.0 April 2013 Edited & customised by: GamezstationUKLtd, Town Street, Stanningley, LS28 6ER
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
- To confirm your Gamezstation booking, we require a non-refundable deposit of 50%. A booking will not be confirmed until the deposit has been paid and cleared. In the event of a cancellation GamezstationUK will work with you to mutually agree an alternative date and time. A refund, less deposit amount, will only be offered if your booking is more than 4 weeks from the date of cancellation.
- All balances due must be paid at least 1 week prior to the Event.
- Although every effort is made to keep the environment around us safe and clean and in accordance with Health & Safety requirements anyone entering our Gamezstation vans does so entirely at their own risk.
- Our Gamezstation vans are a strictly no smoking vehicle.
- No food or drink is to be brought on board without prior consent of the Gamezstation Crew.
- In the event of damage to any of our equipment or vehicle that is caused by excessively harsh treatment or vandalism and that is deemed purposeful we reserve the right to charge the event/party organiser the full amount to repair or replace the equipment.
- Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for any damage to driveway or grounds that is considered to be caused by our vehicle, crew or partygoers. It is the event organiser’s responsibility to take advice from a qualified person whether the grounds are suitable to support our vehicles.
- It is the event organiser’s responsibility to ensure that parental consent is obtained from all parents/guardians of party guests to play age related games. In the event of an out of age game being requested the Gamezstation crew will ask the organiser for a final decision to be made. We cannot be held responsible in any way for obtaining the permission of the guests’ parents/guardians. At the beginning of your party or event, please provide us with full names of those who are prohibited from playing certain games.
- Although we will endeavour to arrive 10 minutes before the time booked we cannot be held responsible for events such as traffic delays. In the event of a late arrival we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and continue the session until the amount of time booked has passed.
- In the unlikely event of a major technical failure on board Gamezstation (not that this has ever happened) a full refund will be offered or an alternative date arranged.
- We will not tolerate bad behaviour, bad language, aggressive behaviour or threatening behaviour to our team or other Gamezstation customers. In the event of such acts we reserve the right to terminate the session immediately and any money paid will be forfeited.
- Anyone considered being under the influence of drugs or having consumed an excessive amount of alcohol will not be allowed on board our Gamezstation Vans.
- During the event we may take some photographs for our portfolio, website and social media platforms. If this is not acceptable, please make sure a member of the crew is aware of your objection. You are of course welcome to take your own photographs of the event.
- The event organiser is wholly responsible for gaining any necessary permission from third parties (e.g. other parents) for photographs to be taken of event attendants.
- If on arrival we find the venue to be unsuitable for any reason we reserve the right to terminate the session without compensation. GamezstationUK hold full Public Liability Insurance. Details of this will be available either prior to the event or alternatively, can be provided on the day.
Note – Event organiser is considered to be the person who made the booking.
- As Fortnite is an online game we will require access to your router, either by ethernet cable (we provide a 30-meter waterproof ethernet cable) or by Wi-Fi. Please notify us of your routers name and password before each party so that we can set up as soon as we arrive.
- Under no circumstances are Gamezstation UK responsible for not being able to run Fortnite due to a poor Wi-Fi connection or our cable being unable to reach. Although not essential it sometimes helps if other electronic devices in your home/venue are disconnected from your Wi-Fi.
- Under no circumstances are Gamezstation UK responsible if the Fortnite servers are down, a random update is required, or the game is unplayable for any reason. The team will do their best to ensure we get the game on but unfortunately, this is out of our control.
- Gamezstation would usually have the gaming vans doors closed during parties for a more atmospheric gaming experience, however, to improve connection the side and back doors of the gaming van may need to be open to aid Wi-Fi connection.
- Due to Fortnite now been split screen (yay) this means between 4 to 7 players can play at any one time. This will mean anyone who can/wants to play Fortnite will take it in turns. Please note for those who are not playing Fortnite will be able to play other games until it’s their turn to play Fortnite if they wish. This will be managed by the member of staff on the day.
- The birthday boy or girl will always take priority when it comes to playing Fortnite.
A very small percentage of people may experience a seizure when exposed to certain visual images. There are many mechanisms by which video games may induce seizures. These are photosensitivity, pattern sensitivity, emotional and cognitive excitation (excitement or frustration); and proprioceptive stimulation (movement/praxis).
Fatigue, sleep deprivation, and prolonged playing are facilitating factors.
Even people who have no history of seizures or epilepsy may have an undiagnosed condition that can cause these “Video game-induced or photo-sensitive epileptic seizures” during our gaming sessions.
These seizures may have a variety of symptoms including light headedness, altered vision, eye or face twitching, jerking or shaking of arms and legs, disorientations, confusions or momentary loss of awareness. Seizures may also cause loss of consciousness or convulsions that can lead to injury from falling or striking nearby objects.
Immediately stop playing and consult someone from our team if you experience these symptoms.